Call for expressions of interest: Trialling FDTL5 resources
Four projects were funded by HEFCE from 2004-7 to develop resources for teaching economics in higher education. These are:
- Embedding Threshold Concepts in first year economics
- Embedding computer-based learning
- METAL (maths in economics resources)
- FEELE: Bringing Economic Experiments into the Classroom
The projects have produced a range of resources that are beginning to be used by economics departments.
You are invited to register an interest in trialling resources from one or more of the projects. In order to qualify you must be an academic at an UK HE Institution.
If accepted, you will be paid £500. This is a personal fee. To receive this you will need to:
- Use the resources with your students
- Produce a case study of between 1000 and 2000 words reflecting on how you used the resources, how they might be used and how useful they are in supporting student learning
- Present your findings to your own department
- Present your findings in a workshop.
The funding for these trials is being made available from the four projects.
The presentations at the end can be at another dedicated workshop that the Economics Network will organise and/or at the Network's Developments in Economics Education conference at the Wales Millennium Centre in Cardiff on September 9 and 10, 2009, and/or at another economics department.
- Deadlines for expression of interest: 7 February 2009
- Submission of case study: 30 April 2009
- Workshop to share results: Summer/Autumn 2009
To register your interest please email Inna Pomorina - firstname.lastname@example.org