Cost Benefit Analysis (CBA) Builder
An Economics Network funded project, 2010-11
Institution: Nottingham Trent University
Project leader: Dr Dan Wheatley
‘Cost Benefit Analysis (CBA) Builder’ is an electronic web-based interactive teaching and learning resource, which can be used by students to aid in their understanding of cost benefit analysis including: how it works, how to construct a cost benefit analysis, applying values to costs/benefits, how to perform discounting, and the limitations of CBA.
In summary, the main objectives of the project are to:
- Create a free to use web-based resource for teaching and learning of CBA.
- Create an interactive resource for teaching CBA which provides
- an in-depth database of CBA information;
- hands-on experience with worked examples drawing on real data;
- the ability to create your own simple and advanced CBA, and;
- downloadable exercises/worksheets.
- Create a resource which can be used in formative and non-formative assessment.
- Improve student engagement with CBA through new methods of teaching and learning.
- Improve student employability through improved knowledge of a common method of project appraisal used in both the public and private sector.
- Online text, interactive spreadsheets and flash animations at cbabuilder.co.uk
- Case study: Developing a teaching & learning resource for Cost Benefit Analysis
- Final report
- Conference presentation at DEE 2011