Our conferences, workshops and training
The Network hosts the biennial Developments in Economics Education (DEE) Conference (formerly DEBE).
DEE 2019 took place at the University of Warwick on 11th-13th September.
This is an interactive two-day event focused on innovative and effective teaching, designed for lecturers in the first few years of teaching. The second day is a practice-based workshop, also open to graduate teaching assistants.
The next workshops for graduate teaching assistants/tutors will take place in Autumn 2019. These workshops are now endorsed by the Royal Economic Society and Scottish Economic Society.
The Royal Economic Society
The next RES Conference is 6-8 April 2020 at the Queen's University, Belfast. The deadline for paper submissions is 30 September.
For event details, see the Royal Economic Society events diary.
Scottish Economic Society
The next SES Conference will take place on 26-28 April 2020 in Perth. See the Scottish Economic Society events page for details on the conference and other events.
Educational Seminar Series
- University of East Anglia's Ecuator Events
- University College London's CTALE (Centre for Teaching and Learning Economics) Events
Other economics teaching events
- Tenth Annual AEA Conference on Teaching and Research in Economic Education (CTREE), Chicago, Illinois, USA; 27-29 May 2020
- AEA Annual Meeting, San Diego, USA; January 3-5, 2020
- Inomics database of economics conferences: searchable according to time, location and JEL classification
- Royal Economic Society conference diary
Past Economics Network events
Further information on past Economics Network events, including conferences and workshops.
Our events attract a lot of Twitter commentary. We keep archives of live Twitter discussions from events we run or support.