Residential Workshops for New Economics Lecturers
New Lecturers residential workshop, 19-20 October, Bristol
The Economics Network is pleased to announce its Autumn workshop series. The workshops complement any generic-based institutional training delegates might receive (and in some institutions exempts attendees from parts of such training) and are facilitated by experienced economics lecturers.
The final programme for the event is available to download here.
The resources from the workshop can be found here.
The Bergerac Room, 8-10 Berkeley Square, Bristol. Map.
We would recommend that you stay at a hotel near Berkeley Square in Bristol.
The Berkeley Square Hotel is currently offering single rooms for £30 a night. These can be booked through the following website: http://www.cliftonhotels.com/offer3 (click book at the Berkeley Square).
If this offer has expired, the Ibis Hotel is also nearby and is very reasonably priced (http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-5547-ibis-bristol-centre/index.shtml).
Feedback on past events:
"A large number of resources from the Economics Network make my teaching easier and more efficient"
"I found it very educative specially for the people like me who are not used to the UK HE system."
"Some of my students said my teaching is very clear and intuitive, which is certainly benefited from the workshop."
The Economics Network has created a facebook discussion page for New Lecturers who attended the workshop. The page is for New Lecturers to have an area to discuss their teaching, lecturing and change of practice after the workshop.
- 14-15 October 2011, University of Bristol
- 15-16 October 2010, University of Bristol
- 16-17 October 2009, University of Bristol
- 9-10 October 2009, Edinburgh Napier University
- 28-29 November 2008, Glasgow
- 10-11 October 2008, University of Bristol
- 23-24 November 2007, Heriot-Watt University (online materials)
- 12-13 October 2007, University of Bristol
- 13-14 October 2006, University of Bristol