5 Assessment strategies
You are here
In terms of assessment, in principle any type of assessment could be used on the modules discussed above. Like all forms of assessment, whatever is set should assess:
- the ability to structure an answer,
- writing and other stylistic features,
- ability to gather evidence and
- essay writing skills.
However, some specific elements of the heterodox perspectives discussed above should be assessed:
- the ability to establish a position and offer an opinion supported by some evidence, be it theoretical or empirical;
- the ability to compare perspectives;
- evidence of having thought about method.