Teaching materials for Health Economics
The teaching section has been designed to provide inspiring up-to-date teaching resources for health economics lecturers. This part of the website has been created to aid the teaching of health economics and to operate as a ‘virtual colleague’ providing teaching advice, materials and innovative ideas for junior and experienced lecturers alike.
To enhance the teaching of health economics, the teaching section is spilt by topic area (see list below) and each section has a number of features:
- Up-to-date lecture slides covering all key health economics topics for both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Audio-visual materials designed to provide short, insightful discussions of key health economics concepts. These brief video clips can be used to enhance lectures and tutorials as an extra stimulus to help move away from didactic teaching.
- Downloadable group exercises that can be incorporated into lectures and tutorials. These group exercises and experiments can be included to provide a stimulating and interactive learning environment for the students.
- Assessment material to encourage new and alternative methods of assessment as well as to provide a diverse range of possible examination questions.
- Updated reading lists to guide students towards the relevant literature. These reading lists are ordered by topic area giving lecturers the seminal literature associated with key health economics concepts.
List of topic areas
- Introduction to health economics
- Economic evaluation
- Health Policy
- Health Systems
- Demand for health and healthcare
- Market Failure
- Global health and trade
- Behavioural economics
- Health Econometrics