Call for Proposals for DEE 2019
The Economics Network is pleased to announce that it will be holding its biennial international Developments in Economics Education conference at the University of Warwick on Wednesday 11th to Friday 13th September 2019.
The deadline for submitting a proposal is midnight on Friday 22nd February 2019. The link is at the foot of this page.
DEE 2019 session proposals should focus on research or practice in economics education and can be one of the following:
- Papers - Paper sessions will last 30 minutes (to include 5 or 10 minutes for questions). If your submission is accepted, we also encourage you to submit a full paper to the International Review of Economics Education .
- Interactive workshops - The interactive workshop sessions will be 45 minutes long and place an emphasis on discussion and group activities over presentation (i.e. presentations should last no longer than 10 minutes in total).
We will have streams within the conference on two main themes:
- Graduate employability skills (linked to our employability project)
- Online learning and assessment (linked to a special issue of IREE)
We also welcome submissions on any other topic relating to advancements and innovation in economics education, for example:
- Recent changes in higher education and the impact on economics education
- Engaging and motivating students
- Inclusivity and diversity
- Developing student skills and employability
- Curriculum structure, content and reform
- Teaching mathematics and statistics
- Using narrative in teaching
- Assessment and feedback
- Classroom experiments and games
- Problem-based learning and case studies
- Pedagogical research in economics