Martin Poulter, ICT Manager
Martin was one of the original staff of the centre. As well as programming the site management system, he is web editor of the centre's journals and responsible for overall maintenance of the site. His content contributions include the Handbook guide "Using the Web to Teach Economics" and co-editing the Handbook for Economics Teaching Assistants.
His PhD was done at the Philosophy Department of the University of Bristol and involves applying decision theory to the choice of opinion, and also defending the descriptive role of decision theory as a framework for explaining and predicting behaviour.
Some things Martin has created:
- Wikidata visualisations for economics
- Hyperbolic discounting and preference reversal and Hyperbolic versus exponential discounting
- Interactive Graphs for Statistics for Social Science
- Interactive tutorials on utility theory and the law of demand and the Prisoner's Dilemma
- The Internet Economist (with Libby Miller) (since re-titled "The Internet for Economics")
The Economics Network
University of Bristol
The Priory Road Complex
Bristol BS8 1TU
Phone: +44(0)117 4282443