Theme 2: Teaching with data online
We are running a virtual symposium on online teaching and learning in June. This is the second of four themes.
Introductory video by Steven Proud and Ralf Becker:
On this page we provide some material which is aimed at providing some help for you as you are thinking about and designing your delivery of statistics and econometrics classes next year.
In particular we cover the following aspects:
- Creating online teaching resources
- Use of statistical and econometric software
- How to motivate students
Follow the links for video clips, written material, and some example material files. Please do look at the material that is most relevant to your concerns and issues.
Please ask any questions on our Piazza discussion board (access code C19).
Video from live Q&A on Friday 19 June
Economics Network resources relevant to this theme
- Economic data available free online. This could be key in asking students to do their own stats/econometrics projects each using a different dataset, as an alternative to a standard exam.
- Case studies by Steve Cook
- Econometrics subject index of our database of learning resources