Celebrating 20 years of the Economics Network
We are delighted to be celebrating 20 years of the Economics Network this September and look forward to seeing many members of the Network's community at our tenth Developments in Economics Education Conference.
The Network was established in September 1999 as a subject-specific teaching and learning centre. Its aim was to support teachers of higher education economics and enhance the quality of teaching and learning in the subject across the country. This remains our mission today.
Over the past twenty years, we have:
- Trained over 2000 graduate teaching assistants and 500 early careers lecturers
- Held ten international conferences on economics pedagogy
- Produced hundreds of teaching case studies
- Produced two editions of a detailed Handbook for Economics Lecturers
- Published 32 volumes of the International Review of Economics Education
- Contributed to the publication of the Economic Review, a magazine for A-Level students
- Had millions of visits to our websites, not just this Economics Network main site but also including Studying Economics and Why Study Economics
- Organised symposia and influenced discussions on e-learning, the economics curriculum, graduate employability, effective communication, and public understanding of economics
- Took part in mini-projects to create educational content, including DeSTRESS (statistical resources for social science) and METAL (maths concepts in economic applications)
Some photos from the past twenty years: