Videos in Statistics for Social Sciences
The following high-quality videos are presented by Ken Heather of the University of Portsmouth and produced by StreamLearn LLC.
- Interpreting and Using Data (19'02")
- Understanding Formulae: The Middleman (15'16")
- Understanding Formulae: Part Two (13'41")
- Percentages: Books, Wastewater, Chickens and Elections (14'37")
- Variance and Standard Deviation: Investing Your Savings (19'43")
- Introducing averages: the Distribution of Wealth (15'55")
- Index Numbers (21'04")
- Developing Index Numbers: The Human Development Index (19'39")
- Decision Analysis: Uncertainty and Climate Change (25'36")
- The Chebyshev Theorem: Fish 'n' Chips (11'48")
- The Normal Distribution, Part One: Aircraft and Body Mass Index (19'12")
- The Normal Distribution, Part Two: Shoplifting (10'31")
- Sampling and Wastewater (12'13")
- Voting and Sampling (14'23")
- Lorenz Curves: Analysing the Distribution of Income (15'19")
- Rank Correlation: Analysing Voter Concerns (13'37")
- Turnover and Correlation (10'28")
- Regression Analysis: Corruption and Investment (17'21")
- Hypothesis Testing (17'43")
- Income Distribution revisited (17'00")
See the METAL Project for related videos in Maths.
Except where stated, DeSTRESS resources are available under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommerical-ShareAlike licence which guarantees your right to remix and reuse.
Logos remain the property of their respective institutions and organisations, all rights reserved. Takedown policy
DeSTRESS was funded by the Higher Education Academy/ JISC Open Educational Resource programme.